Wednesday 28 February 2007

A new start

After almost 5 1/2 years in my first job since graduating I've finally decided to move on. I'm off to work for an investment bank, which I'm expecting to be a culture shock considering my current cosy public sector position. I have to admit I'm really excited about the opportunity to work in a proper agile/xp environment and that has been my main reason for accepting this job over others. Being a sentimental kind of guy I have to look back over these last years at what have I achieved, I've:
  • Got married to Julia;
  • Had two beautiful children, Tom (Jan 12 2005), Maisie (Nov 15 2006);
  • Bought my first then second house;
  • Led a team of great developers to develop one of the most high profile systems in the criminal justice domain;
  • Learned loads of acronyms... OOP, AOP, XP, TDD, DDD, EJB(painfully), JMS(as painfully), JSP and I'm sure many other that don't Spring (see what i did there) to mind;
  • Read loads of great software development books;
  • loads of other stuff.

No comments: